Linux infection proves Windows malware monopoly is over

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 16 06:50:04 BST 2010

On 15/06/10 20:22, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:

>> I am not sure that this really answers the question....
>>
> A properly setup and maintained Linux box will not be cracked.

If you say so, but then it is only you stating it.....

>>> DJB
>>>

>> Who is DJB?
>>
> Dan J. Berstein.

Who is Dan J. Berstein?

>>>    ran a class not too long ago where his students concentrating on
>>> find security holes in daemons...they found a fair few and wrote exploit
>>> code IIRC.
>>>

>> Doesn't really confirm anything for me - sorry :-) .
>>
>> Facts, man, facts :-) .
>>
> What, the long list of security vulnerabilities (which have been fixed -
> except very recent ones maybe) for Linux and for software like sendmail,
> BIND and other stuff not evidence enough for you that Linux boxes can be
> cracked if not locked down and maintained properly?

References, old boy, references..... :-) . Without references what you
write is no more credible than the writings of that journo wot wrote the
article which is now being talked about here.... :-) .

BC

--
Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society.
                                            James Madison