The truth about government and open source

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 20:56:29 BST 2010

You're doing that annoying thing again.

--------

Sorry for top-posting, Android won't let me quote. There's a bug report on
it!

On 13 Jul 2010 20:39, "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:

 "Another important point is your relationship to the community, which in
this case is the whole country. You’re taking software from a commons. You
need to donate back. You need to accept the contributions and ideas of
complete outsiders, maybe even foreigners, maybe even Americans."

The above would be a problem with the new gov't in the UK, I think. There's
also some other points made I'd say will be problematic.

Fred

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/the-truth-about-government-and-open-source/6835?tag=nl.e539

--
Liberal Mandate: NEVER let the truth interfear with your
agenda and dogma!

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: