It’s Official – The FCC Will Vote to Take Over the Internet in December

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Dec 23 03:07:23 GMT 2010

On Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:22 AM, scott wrote:
> On 12/22/2010 01:09 AM, Goh Lip wrote:

>>> I'm not so sure of that. I suspect lobbying aka legalized bribery
>>> will be hitting Europe and them that boast of hundreds of choices
>>> for their fixed line/internet link will be gagged.
>> You're not far off the mark. There are, of course contemporary
>> Shah's, Pinochet's, and Nakasone's, mostly in the middle east, and
>> for the most part, repressive to their own people. For those in so
>> called 'free and democratic' countries, they are cajoled, bribed,
>> pimped, threatened and bullied by the 'leader of the free world' to
>> do the big unseen boys' bidding. Like turkeys being roasted,their
>> supporters will fight for the chefs roasting them because they
>> thought they elected them and they thought they are free.
>>
>> There are none more enslaved than those who thought they are free.
>>
>> Anyway, Christopher, we've gone far from the topic of 'net
>> neutrality' and I guess it's time to stop here.
>>
>> Regards and take care - Goh Lip
>>
> This is what it's all
> about......."http://shell.voxel.net/~arothsch/ratio-petition-v3.pdf"
>
> ..."Dear Chairman Genachowski and Commissioners: In recent letters to
> the FCC and supporting media activity (exhibit attached), Comcast
> represents to the Commission and general public that its ongoing
> dispute with Level 3 is “simply about peering”. Comcast explains that
> the issue centers around traffic ratios and its entitlement to
> financial compensation because, fundamentally, its network receives
> more traffic from Level 3 than it generates towards Level 3 – a
> position supported by “countless industry experts”. In reality, this
> representation is not accurate, nor is industry consensus
> unanimous."......

Oh please. We are more interested in how the slaughterhouses work with
the chef, not some turkey lover with power to put limits.

Anyway, looks like someone is trying to achieve an encore like when FCC
decreed fibre deployment.

http://www.isp-planet.com/politics/2003/triennial_2.html

Is the turkey lover up to it? Will it repeat its colossal failure to
catch slaughterhouses killing in broad daylight?