World famous Ubuntu Mailing List: Sounder - Re: Commentary on: Fwd: Howto: Empathy Training... - Ric Moore +=1. Sensible man. ... ; jor kubuntu

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Thu Aug 5 09:28:38 BST 2010

On Thu, August 5, 2010 09:11, giovanni_re wrote:

*snip*

> Having studied logic, ven diagrams, hierarcy ('ts been a few years ;)
> ), here's the way this reads:
>
> The mailinglists page is more general than the specifics on the Sounder
> list page, thus the specifics on the Sounder page take precedence.
> Thus, indeed, as the sounder list page specifically says: "_Anything
> goes_ Ubuntu community chit-chat and discussion list".   (Emphasis
> mine.)
>
> _Further_, the quote above from the mailing lists pages, which you
> reference, is under a section title "Specific examples:".  That means
> that section is pointing out some _subsets_ of what is applicable.  So,
> sure, "discussion of subjects of general interest related to Ubuntu,
> linux, open source or software in general" are appropriate on the
> sounder list.  But, that is _merely_ "an" "example" (subset), and not
> the "universe" of allowable content on this wonderful Sounder list.

Just to make sure that I understand you. Are the following topics
appropriate for Sounder? They are just examples, or in your own words: a
subset of the universe of allowable content.
* my cute cats
* my neighbour crossing my garden because he locked himself out
* how to make a delicious cheesecake
* the oil spill in China
* the Illuminati
* the Lumber Cartel