Ubuntu is now worried about profits

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Apr 26 16:24:21 BST 2010

Manish Sinha wrote:
> I dont know if my english is up to the mark or not, but i know what am
> speaking about.

We know you know what you are talking about. That's the amusing part.

> We all were talking about installers. Right? There was unsatisfaction
> related to the advanced co fig options in it. This is where newcomers
> and home users come into picture. They find simple next,next...finish
> installer pretty easy to use. I think you need to understand the
> context in which was replying.

Well, you see, YOU completely changed the context. This was about
Canonical selling services. Maybe I am being a bit narrow-minded but I
only see a corporate market for that and I aimed my comments on what was
relevant there. You then come in and sang praises of a tool that is
completely irrelevant to what I was making a lot of noise about. I don't
know who needs to understand the context anymore. Have it your way.

> When it comes to games, i cant help. It's useless to talk about it
> unless liunux has some 5% or somewhat significant market  share.

Gee, so an easy to install Ubuntu won't be enough to build a potential
market for games. So what else can you sell to the home user? I mean,
gosh, if you don't have the numbers, the home market is kinda hard to
make a profit on given that they won't spend all that much...