Ubuntu is now worried about profits

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 21:33:26 BST 2010

On 25 April 2010 21:01, Manish Sinha <manishsinha.tech at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still remember one of my friend gave me Fedora 6(or older) ISO long
> back. I went to install it(using text installaer).
> The number of questions asked were just too much for me, esp that time
> when I was not very much comfortable with using installers.
> These are the gazillion questions I was referring to.
> I am glad most of the famous distros have got over those questionnaire.

This is because "reviews" of Linux distros, on websites and in
magazines, were generally silly things for many years. The one thing
they could meaningfully review was the installation procedure. So
there was selection pressure to make the install as absolutely slick
as possible. That's why it's good now.

- d.