One big thing Microsoft, Apple, and all CTOs can learn from Ubuntu

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Tue Apr 13 23:35:07 BST 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Kevin Hunter wrote:

              ........snip.........

> This turn of phrase does indeed come from our (USA) ... sometimes
> less-than-aware culture.  However, I take it more to mean exactly as you
> have described: those who just aren't oriented toward the computer.  My
> advisor, for example, is *very* smart, and can be taught to do many
> things on the computer.  But, even though he's only 35, I still have to
> retrain him every time something changes.  And he's an engineer!

Having been an engineer all my life and having dealt with many of my
peers, I can say with certainty that the conference of an engineering
degree does not guarantee that, aside from his/her narrow specialty,
the conferee knows his/her a** from a hole in the ground.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279