One big thing Microsoft, Apple, and all CTOs can learn from Ubuntu

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 14:23:39 BST 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:53:16 -0400
Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> The younger generations got it, but
> older people too a long time to understand certain concepts, many of
> which were very abstract concepts.  That I noticed almost immediately.
>  Younger people were better at understanding abstract thought, while
> older people had a harder time with it.

Still, I think it is a complacency of thought processes more than a
real age-related inability.  I think it will manifest in the younger
crowd sooner rather than later.

In my own case, I have always been a lover of learning (and a learner
of loving, but that has nothing to do with Ubu) and delight in the new
and different.  I'm decidedly /not/ what one would call a techie but do
build my own computers.

OT:
I also just recently learned how to fell very large trees and turn them
into usable lumber because we had very large trees that threatened
our home.  Heh, chain saws are /so/ cool!  ...but noisy.

(going to do some more of that work today, in fact)

Ah, learning!  Ah, working!  As you can easily see, though, mine is not
the normal mindset at all for anyone, much less for my age group.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326
Registered Ubuntu User # 2136