Macs

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 00:39:03 BST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Odd <iodine at runbox.no> wrote:
> No one is denying that.
>
> It's interesting how you avoid commenting on anything that
> disputes your statements in previous mails. I can only assume
> you have no answers, and you're afraid to admit you were wrong.
> You're fast losing any credibility you might have had.

I'd rather now reply to people who seem to like stiring up trouble and
starting arguments.  Instead of politely commenting on my statements
you chose to be condescending and outright hostile.  You lost a great
deal of credibility with me almost immediately.

The article citing the Mac as being able run Vista faster than most
other PC hardware was in the print version of Maximum PC and PC
Magazine (and was some time ago too), and I haven't been able to find
an online version or I would have put it in my initial email.  Perhaps
I should have stated that the first time.  I stand by my comments
because I've seen it myself first hand.  Nearly everyone I know has a
Mac and my exposure to them is very high.

You shouldn't attack people because you don't like Macs.  Its counter
productive, it perpetuates the "totally incorrect" impression that
Linux users are quick tempered raving zealots who would rather start
arguments than actually have an intelligent conversation/debate, and
it totally ruins any first impressions someone new might have of you.

I didn't come to this group to be a bad tempered person's punching
bag.  I came to talk to follow Ubuntu users and have civil
discussions.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com