mail to individuals

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Thu Oct 1 14:13:20 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 13:09 +0200, Odd wrote:
> Siggy Brentrup wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 23:51 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> >
> >> I say that at least Claws mail works correctly, others have said that
> >> their clients work correctly.  If it is the list that is broken how is
> >> it possible that some clients work and others do not?
> >>
> >> That is my only claim; that since some mailer proggies do and some do
> >> not, it is the proggies, not the list config, that is at fault.
> >
> > I agree, any list munging the Reply-To header is broken; being tired
> > of stating things over and over again, have a look at Chip Rosenthal's
> >
> >    http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>
> How does one person stating your exact arguments on a webpage
> change anything? He's just as wrong as you..
>
> > btw, on most lists I'm subscribed to that munge Reply-To a majority uses
> > Thunderbird.  Does this observation tell something about brokeness ?
>
> Yes, that most people disagree with you.
>
> --
> Odd

Your terseness and logic are like your pseudonym: odd.

nugh said, the CoC forbids me to write what I'd like to.
  Siggy

ps: for your convenience, I manually add a Reply-To header.
--
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org+
|15 days until|bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de|