Intrepid KDE problems (was Community V. Community)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:12:15 GMT 2009

2009/3/25 Chris Puttick <cputtick at gmail.com>:

> (disclaimer - on this particular desktop machine I have ATI restricted
> driver running with dual port card, and KDE 4.2.x from PPA repository)

I recommend the PPA KDE 4.2 to anyone running Kubuntu 8.10. Whereas
4.0 was barely usable and 4.1 was only suitable for geeks prepared to
do awful things to their system, 4.2 is very nice and usable, and even
prettier.

(Mind you, in my experience of moving nontechnical Windows users to
Kubuntu, KDE 4 just confuses them but KDE 3.5.10 is fine. 'Cos the
interface is just like Windows except it works.)

- d.