Intrepid KDE problems (was Community V. Community)

Chris Puttick cputtick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:18:03 GMT 2009

2009/3/24  <sounder-request at lists.ubuntu.com>:
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 03:40:13 +0000
> From: Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: Community V. "Community
> To: sounder at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 12:46:12PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Mario Vukelic wrote:
<snip>
>> How can they possibly meet those goals when nobody pays any attention when
>> users get really worked up about something like the laughable KDE4
>> implementation in Intrepid?
>
> The Kubuntu developers I've spoken to seem pretty well aware of the
> problems and are certainly paying attention, but I gather that the
> easiest way to fix it at this point is to do a much better job with
> Jaunty ...

Goddamn it, there are problems in KDE in Intrepid so bad as for it to
be laughable? Why wasn't I told? Damn computer been no use since I
upgraded to Jaunty and is because of the laughable KDE4
implementation?

Oh, wait. My computer is fine. Kubuntu installed? Check. is Intrepid?
Check. Is broken? Negative. Is causing any issues? Negative. Is
causing any issues for the non-expert computer users I've installed it
for? Negative. Has it been described by partner of one of said
non-expert users as far better than the Vista laptop her employers
have foisted upon her? Check. Has she asked for dual-boot at my next
opportunity? Check.

I must be in an alternative universe...

:)

Chris

--
My employers website: http://thehumanjourney.net - opinions in this
email are however very much my own and may not reflect that of my

Documents attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format:
http://iso26300.info