A couple of rants about Launchpad

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Mar 17 00:20:00 GMT 2009

Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:44:37PM +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
>
>> Colin Watson wrote:
>>
>>> Defining a recipe format for it (there's no real nesting in partition
>>> recipes at the moment, which makes things like this a little more
>>> difficult than they ought to be), and implementing that in
>>> partman-auto-raid. Or possibly just some kind of reordering so that you
>>> can run normal LVM autopartitioning after automatic RAID partitioning.
>>>
>> I see. So is it currently possible with a custom recipe or does d-i need
>> some work before it can support such recipes?
>>

> It isn't currently possible with a custom recipe, as far as I know.

Ah okay. Had I not been led on on the ubuntu-installer mailing list I
would have already had Ubuntu desktops in place for a pilot instead
pursuing an impossible task.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-installer/2008-December/000280.html

Now I have to make do with just one Ubuntu desktop and almost got a ban
on any Ubuntu or Linux desktop for that matter.