100 Paper Cuts

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:28:07 BST 2009

2009/6/17 Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>:
> 2009/6/15 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:

>> (Read some of mpt's fantastic usability assessments as well - this is
>> the sort of thing that'll make a real difference)

> It's a good sign. Where are these "mpt" comments tho'? Not seen them.

Matthew P. Thomas, formerly a usability volunteer with Mozilla and now
doing it for pay for Canonical. He gets usability very well and is
extremely pointed and generally pretty accurate. Not perfect, but even
when he's wrong he's got a point.

e.g. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EmpathyVsPidginUsability

Also at http://twitter.com/mpt

It's very good for us to have someone officially saying about open
source interface horrors, "Dude, this sucks. And here's the paperwork
to that effect. Suck less and we pick your project over this other
one."

- d.