Why Linux is not (yet) ready for the desktop

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 7 12:21:40 BST 2009

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 03:47:25 -0500
Brian Fahrlander <wheeldweller at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's quite alright; the hallmark of Christianianity (despite it's
> Hollywood depiction) is not to pressure people into it.

This skates over rather a lot of history ... to put it mildly ...

But then,

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

*grin*

BTW, without trumpeting my particular personal beliefs, I have no
problem with *genuine* Christianity, as opposed to its many and varied
perverted varieties ...

Not really sure why your .sig needs to announce political and spiritual
beliefs, though... particularly on a list that deals with Ubuntu.
(That's a word worth pondering.) It mostly serves to alienate people,
and it most certainly will not "convert" anyone, either politically or
spiritually.

Obligatory New Testament reference, since you are of that persuasion:

 I Corinthians 9:20-26

(I add: Let he who has ears to hear, hear...)