Blocking in Pidgin

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 02:38:10 BST 2009

2009/7/6 Steve Reilly <sfreilly at roadrunner.com>:
> Liam Proven wrote:
>

>> Trying to keep contact info on a need-to-know basis is *so* 1980s, daaahlinks!
>>

> yeah your probably correct, im kinda wierd like that i guess though.
> personal preference.

:¬)

ISTM that there's no point in having accounts on IM services & whatnot
unless you advertise them, so your friends and colleagues cab find
you. But YMMV.

> if your interested in closed software, you may
> want to look at skype, voice and IM is encrypted by default. (as long as
> you keep it on their network, once it hits copper its not)
>

> steve

Got that, too. I think there's even a Skype address in my sig, isn't there?

The only snag is, I can't get my webcam working in Ubuntu. In fact, I
have 3 of them & none of them will.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508