Sounder mailing list etiquette and future direction

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 19:36:51 GMT 2009

2009/12/4 Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>:

> I can avoid profanity and I generally avoid name-calling as a matter
> of principle, but if I am not allowed to occasionally say "you're an
> idiot" to an idiot, then I really can't be bothered to play any more.

Phrasing it in terms of actions rather than intrinsic qualities can go
a long way. "Hm, it appears your decision to start a land war in Asia
may be historically ill-considered" or "Possibly removing Gimp from
the default CD in favour of a huge bloated lump of Mono for the sake
of a really, really majestically slow note-taking app is not the ideal
decision, please reconsider."

(I'm practicing being sweetness and light on Wikipedia at the moment
to the querulous people. It appears to be exploding their heads very
nicely.)

- d.