Sounder mailing list etiquette and future direction

Scott sclewin at sgaming.ca
Thu Dec 3 21:40:49 GMT 2009

On 09-12-03 02:53 PM, Alan Pope wrote:
> * Shutting down the sounder list completely
> * Creating a new 'community' list with a revised charter and
> moderation (and shutting down sounder)
I like this one most.  Restarting with a more well defined purpose would
help and moderation should help even more.

> * Introducing a {more} strict moderation system on the existing sounder list
This idea is also goos as moderation should help decrease the number of
problems.

> * Keeping the list as it is
I don't think this should even be though of an option.  Something needs
to be done.  I even fear writing to this list, among other Ubuntu list,
sometimes in fear of being flamed.  I could imagine what it must feel
like to be a new user to this community.

The idea of a list to share and discuss creative ideas is great.
Sounder is defiantly not that.  More and more it haves become a place
for people to argue and insult each other.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 9.10