Linux desktop lacks innovation

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sat Nov 17 17:14:12 GMT 2007

to, 2007-11-15 kello 20:58 -0400, Derek Broughton kirjoitti:
> Ari Torhamo wrote:
>

> > to, 2007-11-15 kello 05:45 +0100, Mario Vukelic kirjoitti:
> >>
> >> But sounder is for _random_ chit-chat, it says so in the description.
> >

> > Mario, comments like this bring the discussion to a very low level.
>
> Huh?  Comments like "you have absolutely no right to comment" already bring
> the discussion as low as it can get.

I didn't mean to imply that there was nothing wrong with what Liam said.
In my opinion he's wording was too strong. I don't see any true
lowliness there though. A common example of true lowliness on mailing
lists would be misinterpreting peoples words on purpose to provoke them.
You kind of get a way with it, because no one can prove that you do it.
People know though, and the price you have to pay is that everybody else
would like to see you disappear from the list, except those who are
equally low and share your opinions.

> While I would tend to dismiss any commentary prefaced with "I haven't
> read... but", I still respect the right of any contributor to Sounder to
> comment on anything they feel like.

That respect is kind of built into the system too, because nobody can
keep you from commenting on anything you like - unless you are kicked
out of the mailing list ofcourse :-)

> Show your ignorance!

Sorry, but I don't understand this sentence (I don't speak english
natively).

Ari