An Open Letter to the Open Source Community

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Tue May 29 21:44:30 BST 2007

Op dinsdag 29-05-2007 om 10:12 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Matt
Zimmerman:
> One possible reason for a lack of compliance with the CoC is that it's
> rather general and subjective on some points, and so it isn't entirely
> clear to everyone how it applies to a specific situation like this.

If it wouldn't be subjective, we would have a smaller community, but a
larger part of the remaining "community" would comply to it (they would
essentially have (re)written it).

Which option is better for Ubuntu, I honestly don't know for sure, but I
think I prefer a larger community (as in: more people working together
and trying to get along).

--
Jan Claeys