Could one buy official Ubuntu disks at cost?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:25:51 BST 2007

On 5/16/07, Conrad Knauer <atheoi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/16/07, Jenda Vancura <jenda at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does anyone know of a way to buy official Ubuntu disks at cost?
> >
> > It's possible - see ubuntu.com . I find them rather expensive, though.
> > http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/purchase
>
> [...] http://www.ubuntu.com/files/u1/BulkCDOrderForm.pdf
>
> Yipes, you weren't kidding! 1.5 Euros :(~$2.05 US or ~$2.25 CN): per CD.
>
> That's reasonable enough if I wanted just a few, but not in my budget
> for the minimum order of 100 ^^;
>
> (is that roughly how much Canonical pays for these disks BTW? ^^;;;;;)

The only public number I have seen in the past was a cost of less that
.45 euro per double-CD package:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/loco-contacts/2005-September/000134.html

That was in the Hoary/Breezy era when they shipped both a live CD and
install CD together, and that cost didn't include actual shipping
costs.

--
Daniel Robitaille