Firefox Dilemma

Conrad Knauer atheoi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 06:07:57 GMT 2007

On 3/7/07, Joel Bryan Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Since this situation is unlikely to change anytime soon (since FF is
> > > getting increasingly popular on Windows), and since it's so easy to
> > > install Epiphany, I didn't see a point in wasting time arguing on the
> > > matter... ;-)
>
> And that scares me, what if Microsoft makes "Microsoft Office" free,
> then Ubuntu will also ship Microsoft Office as default?

???  Ubuntu only ships free/libre applications.  Drivers are
considered special and on a case-by-case basis.  Even if MS were to
include Office for free (as in cost, which they won't, since that's
one of their major revenue streams) Ubuntu would still ship libre
software like OpenOffice.org (Note: if hell froze over and satan
started handing out free ice cream, MS might decide to GPL Office and
then Ubuntu could ship it too ;)

CK