Want to run LAMP server on Xubuntu

Just Do it jdoit555 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 08:12:25 GMT 2007

Thanks for quick reply John...
Actually since I am new to Linux...so not much familiar with the
installation problem..
but the big problem is that...I think apt-get is only to get software from
internet...but now I think I can fetch software from CD also(yet to try) (but
I don't have internet connection in my home:-))...so want to access from
CD-ROM..

But as you suggest -- let me try it...so I am planning to do the following..
1. Install the Xubuntu
2. Change the etc/*/sourcelist -- to put my Server CD path I don't know
whether it will work or not????
3. Then will do the apt-get?? this is what you recomment it?? to install
software from CD not from internet connection.

Thanks!
butu