Setting up a LUG

thephotoman rantman_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 00:10:19 BST 2006

I've recently gone through the paperwork to start a Linux Users Group at
my university.  While I've got several interested people, I need some
help from someone actively involved in leading a LUG to help advise me
on a few ideas for meetings.  Of particular help would be members of the
Houston Area Linux Users Group or the Rice University Linux Users Group,
as they are the closest LUGs to my location.

I'm already planning our second meeting, which will be an installfest,
primarily for Ubuntu, by demand of the Department of Electrical and
Chemical Engineering, which is currently and quite painfully (from what
my contacts over there tell me) on VMware installations on their Windows
boxen.

I am most grateful for any help you can provide.