Fwd: [GNU/FSF Press] Press release: FSF announces release of gNewSense 1.0

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Nov 8 21:16:33 GMT 2006

Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> Its the frustration with the fact that on this list we have to discuss
> what seems to be every small bit of 99% of the posts.  Its not the topic
> its the whole converstation about how some free or unfree launchpad is.
> It's not that hard to read the FAQ to see that launchpad is not open
> source.

Damn!  I said I was done.  Whether or not Launchpad is free was NEVER part
of this discussion.  We all agree it is not. It was whether or not
gNewSense could possibly have actually removed something from the
distribution that isn't part of the distribution.  There's a whole other
thread about the status of the Launchpad license (or lack thereof).
--
derek