More Sun news: Sun promises to open-source Java

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Mon May 22 07:18:46 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 00:47 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:

> > Keep in mind that Apple also have no incentive to support mp3, which
> > they don't own and have to pay fees on just like everybody else.
>
> Huh?  Of course they have a huge incentive to support MP3 - millions and
> millions of people have MP3 collections and expect them to play on their
> ipod.

Of course.  I mean other than that. They support it because they HAVE
to, not because they WANT to.  In a perfect world, from their
perspective, they'd convert the whole world to their format and squeeze
out mp3 and every other format.

They don't support wma also right?  Because they can get away with it.
With mp3 they obviously can't.

Cheers,
Chanchao