Synaptic : will it still there in Edgy ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri May 19 21:50:02 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 22:27 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> How is it supposed to ....
>
> And Lee Revell also mentioned the problem...
>
> When you look further into it...

As other people mentioned, Aptitude already can do it right now... so I
guess it's not science fiction ;-)

And again, I don't want to be flamed or anything, I am not a dev, I just
list what my poor self, would like his OS of the future, to be able to
do to, from a usability/usefulness point of view, not from a techincal
point of view. End users need usability, to get their system to do what
they want it to do. The technical/implementation side of things is for
the devs only, not the user ;-)

When we ask car manufacturer to make their engines use less and less
petrol, we don't care if it's easy or impossible to do, we are just
expressing a wish, what would like the product to do.

--
Vince, just a simple end user... and nothing more.