Starting Ubuntu

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue May 9 18:20:12 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 16:58 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 May 2006 16:05, Lee Revell wrote:

> > > Well, seeing as he should have used XMMS right from the very
> > > start, this is probably a very good thing actually...
> > >
> > > :-)
> >
> > XMMS still uses GTK1.  Do you want the poor guy to vomit all over
> > his keyboard?
>
> It could be worse - he could have ended up with mplayer, or mpg123, or
> aplay or <gasp> alsaplayer...

gmplayer uses GTK2 and looks great on my system, although the GUI was
clearly an afterthought - changing the settings while a movie is playing
leads to bizarre results.  For example the "panscan" setting is not
remembered across restarts and has no effect until you mouse over the
control in the GUI (!)

Lee