Proposal to get this list back on track

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Mon Mar 27 06:25:17 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 20:37 -0600, Tommy Trussell wrote:

> especially the part about it not being considered offensive in
> Australia...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody

but in the not too distant past it *was* offencive. There's plenty of
old ladies over 60 in .au who will clip you around the ears sonny if you
let the bloody word slip. Bugger, I've said it.

Which is another word that would once get your mouth washed out with
soap but now it's a "cultural icon" and is used to sell cars. Personally
I think it's good to see words being treated sensibly, they're just
words after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugger

--
"There has never been, in my lifetime, a more serious deceit in the
Western democracies, including our own, by our leaders, than the