Proposal to get this list back on track

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Mar 27 14:04:23 BST 2006

Craige McWhirter wrote:

> Which is another word that would once get your mouth washed out with
> soap but now it's a "cultural icon" and is used to sell cars. Personally
> I think it's good to see words being treated sensibly, they're just
> words after all.

<sarcasm alert>
THEY'RE JUST WORDS!!  You're as bad as the teenage girls I heard talking
about a book that has some adults concerned.  One of them said, "it's just
a book".  Sure, and if she reads it, she might find herself doing something
completely unexpected, like _thinking_!  She might even start using words
correctly.  When you start taking words for granted, there's no telling
what sort of cultural revolutions can occur :-)
</sarcasm alert>
--
derek