Logout dialog : 2 sections

Manu Cornet lmanul at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 10 15:36:05 GMT 2006

Hi everyone !

About an hour ago Erik sent a mail to attract attention on the
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/33002 bug
about splitting the logout dialog in two different sections. This was on
the sounder list, and I'm Ccing it, but let's continue this on
ubuntu-desktop.

Since the UI freeze is very soon (or strictly speaking, we're already in
freeze), I hesitated to try this. I finally wanted to make a quick try.
So here's what it looks like now :

	http://www.manucornet.net/GNOME/logout.png

There are titles for the two sections, and the icons are placed
differently: it is a "Pause" versus "Exit" approach, as opposed to a
"Light effect on the system" (Logout, Switch, Lock) versus "Strong
effect on the system" (ShutDown, etc.).

The code is already written (this is an actual screenshot).

So twhree questions:

* How do you like the approach ? :)

* Should the two titles be centered instead of left-aligned ?

* Should I write "Pause session" instead of "Pause", and "Exit session"
instead of "Exit" ?

Cheers,
Manu