The shiny Dapper logout dialog

Eric Feliksik milouny at gmx.net
Fri Mar 10 14:46:06 GMT 2006

Manu Cornet wrote:
> Hi !
>
> [I just subscribed to sounder, no need to CC me]
>
>> There has not been a response from people that decide about this matter,
>> so it wasn't rejected, too. Maybe it was overlooked. What do you think?
>> Manu, do you have a say in this? Other people, is there some particular
>> dialog you like/prefer?
>
> I personnaly like the idea. Since today is the UI freeze (and I believe
> it applies to this dialog), I think it could be made possible if :
>
> 1) someone agrees to hack this *fast* (meaning: today). I'll try to code
> this, but I don't guarantee anything; if you were thinking of coding it
> yourself, be welcome :) And
>
> 2) people who actually decide (meaning: not me ^^) agree with this
> change.
>
> Moreover, the whole pinky-background-and-different-font look & feel
> would probably take some time to hack. It'll be simpler to just have
> black title over the usual gray background, I guess.
>
> I'll try to post a mockup soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Manu

I myself don't have the skills to do it.
I understand the time-pressure the release-schedule inflicts on us, so
let's keep it simple. If the
http://librarian.launchpad.net/1632715/logout4x.png idea can't be done:

I'd say going for a polished
http://librarian.launchpad.net/1612883/logout2x.png would be a huge
improved. (This is IMHO, of course).

This means the following changes to current dapper:
1) re-ordering the icons in the current logout-dialog
2) Adding the titles in the black on grey like you say

Keep in mind the following:
logout2x.png does *not* show the sleep option, but it is in current
Dapper. Sleep  should be under "Pause Session" of course.

So that would mean:

|       End Session                    |
|  [log out]  [restart]  [shut down]   |
|   ---------------------------- <-- already existing seperation line
|       Pause Session                  |
|  [lock screen] [sleep]  [hibernate]  |