Shipit improvements (was Disks)

Steve Alexander steve at canonical.com
Fri Mar 3 14:05:37 GMT 2006

> Thankfully, IIRC, the ship-it system will be improved/overhauled for
> Dapper, and it will be possible, for those who want it, to have a faster
> and more predictable delivery, by volunteering to pay a little
> something. I will happily choose this option :o)

The Shipit system is being improved for Dapper, but there is no payment
system planned at the moment.

One improvement we're making is to show you when your request has been
sent from the CD pressing factory.

Currently, you only see when the request has been sent from Canonical to
the pressing factory, but there can be quite a delay from the factory
receiving the list of CD requests to them doing a production run, adding
addresses to the shipments, and sending them to the shipping company.

With this improvement, it will be clearer from the shipit user interface
in what timeframe you can expect to receive your CDs.

--
Steve Alexander