GPL compliance

Peter Whittaker pwwnow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 12:33:23 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-28-06 at 12:16 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Thanks. I think that that notice would satisfy the GPL 3(b) requirement
> for Canonical. I'm not sure what I as a second distributor would do to
> forward that notice to the supplier. I'll have to think about this.
> Maybe put it on the CD labels, or maybe I could add my own README file
> to the CD.

If you are considering redistributing the Ubuntu CDs, you may want to
determine how Canonical's trademarks may affect your plans. IANAL, but
redistributing the source should be fine (GPL), redistributing the
binaries should be fine (ditto), but redistributing the Ubuntu CDs
themselves may be subject to trademark licencing (depending on exaclt
what you plan to do, of course). Again, IANAL.

pww