GPL compliance

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Jun 28 12:16:06 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-28-06 at 18:41 +0800, Aldous D. Penaranda wrote:
> I have here a copy of the Breezy pressed CDs from ShipIt and at the
> back of the CD jacket (is that the right term) it says:
>
> "Source code for Ubuntu can be downloaded from archive.ubuntu.com or
> can be ordered from Canonical at the cost of the media and shipping."
>
> I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, though. I haven't
> searched the content of the CDs for such a notice yet.

Thanks. I think that that notice would satisfy the GPL 3(b) requirement
for Canonical. I'm not sure what I as a second distributor would do to
forward that notice to the supplier. I'll have to think about this.
Maybe put it on the CD labels, or maybe I could add my own README file
to the CD.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the