Microsoft bashing on Freedom Toaster's site

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jun 22 18:55:44 BST 2006

Shawn McMahon wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 09:12:20AM -0300, Derek Broughton said:
>>
>> I can't imagine how a post at freedomtoaster.org can be either expected
>> or desired to conform to the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.
>
> Signatories of the Code of Conduct are expected to follow it at all
> times in anything regarding Ubuntu:
>
> "This Code of Conduct covers your behaviour as a member of the Ubuntu
> Community,

I still don't get it.  Nothing at that link indicates a "member of the
Ubuntu Community" to me (there's a note that it's "empowered by
Shuttleworth Foundation", but that hardly makes a poster a member of the
Ubuntu Community), and

> in any forum, mailing list, wiki, web site, IRC channel,
> install-fest, public meeting or private correspondence. The Ubuntu
> Community Council will arbitrate in any dispute over the conduct of a
> member of the community."

You know, I _was_ going to sign the Code once I figured out how to get my
gpg key set up, but if people are going to start going to these lengths to
invoke the Code, I think I'd rather not.  I believe in politeness, but not
enforced by third parties snooping in my private correspondence.
--
derek