Microsoft bashing on Freedom Toaster's site

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Thu Jun 22 14:43:27 BST 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 09:12:20AM -0300, Derek Broughton said:

> I can't imagine how a post at freedomtoaster.org can be either expected or
> desired to conform to the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.

Signatories of the Code of Conduct are expected to follow it at all
times in anything regarding Ubuntu:

"This Code of Conduct covers your behaviour as a member of the Ubuntu
Community, in any forum, mailing list, wiki, web site, IRC channel,
install-fest, public meeting or private correspondence. The Ubuntu
Community Council will arbitrate in any dispute over the conduct of a
member of the community."

If the toaster poster is not a signatory, but is engaged in behavior
that is detrimental to Ubuntu, politely asking him to read the Code of
Conduct, sign it, and follow it isn't at all out of line.

--
   Shawn McMahon    | "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
   EIV Consulting   | And now that I have some light, I can see the