Paris summit : how to be informed of progress throughout the week ??

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 21 18:00:28 BST 2006

<quote who="Lee Revell">

> They don't need to open the source, I'd be happy if they just used a
> reasonable audio API like ALSA.

Unfortunately, the ALSA API is not resonable.

> I don't see why a proprietary app is necessary, I was at LAC2006 and audio
> and video of all the talks was streamed live over the net using 100% free
> software.

That was streamed, but not real-time, nor was it collaborative. A standards
based solution would be preferable, but we're experimenting with Team Speak
as it has particular features (and relative ease of setup) that we were keen
to test.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/

  "A 'lame' server is a server that is SUPPOSED to be authoritative, but,
      when asked, says: 'Me? I know nothing, I'm from Madrid!'" - Ralf
                                Hildebrandt