people who want to leave mail lists

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jun 21 13:36:52 BST 2006

Lee Revell wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 18:02 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>> I think it could be a little clearer in this day of idiot switches and
>> general disclaimers.  Not everybody reads for content very well.
>
> I think they should have to figure it out.  It's not rocket science.  I
> don't want to waste everyone's bandwidth by adding a redundant line for
> the sake of a handful of idiots.

use gmane news  - I don't see those lines at all :-)

I do see unsubscribe links on some lists though, and I'd far rather see one
extra line saying "to unsubscribe..." than get the posts.  I filter out
anything that says "subscribe" in the subject, though, and I still get
unsubscription emails - mostly people who can't spell "subscribe".  Is
there any hope at all that these people will be able to read the last line
of each message and see how to unsubscribe?
--
derek