Microsofts new way of bashing Linux

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 18 04:28:42 BST 2006

In the Great Book it has Been Written that on Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:49:10
-0400 Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> didst appear within my Magick
Viewing Screen and, being somewhat pleasantly supplicatory, did
polemicize thusly:

> On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 14:21 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > In the Great Book it has Been Written that on Sat, 17 Jun 2006
> > 04:55:28 +0200 Florian Diesch <diesch at spamfence.net> didst appear
> > within my Magick Viewing Screen and, being somewhat pleasantly
> > supplicatory, did polemicize thusly:
> >
> > > The strength of the GPL is of course that it requires you to
> > > license any derived work under GPL. And it seems to me that's the
> > > point Microsoft doesn't like about it because they can't use GPL
> > > software like they use e.g. BSD style licensed software.
> >
> > With this in mind it seems like Microsoft could still write a
> > desktop environment to use on a Linux machine instead of the freely
> > available DEs, adapt MS programs to run only on it like they love
> > to do, and still charge big bucks /and/ keep the source to
> > themselves. I don't know about anyone else but I think it would be
> > a seller combining the best of both worlds.
> > Anyone for a GNU/Vista?
>
> Why would anyone use that rather than just running Windows?
>
> Why not just improve the Linux desktop to the point where it's better
> than Windows?  It already is for many uses.
>
> Lee

I'm just assuming that bug #1 will be fixed and allowing Microsoft a few
crumbs left on it's plate.
I'd hate to see Bill and Steve on the chow line.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop
	Winduhs