Ubuntu Webmaster !

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Jun 16 21:56:26 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 06:14 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> Vincent, I interpreted Paul's response as a compliment :) I thought Paul
> meant something like
>
> "That's a great quote - I think I'll keep it for later"
>
> I don't think he was making fun of you ...

Ah well, sorry for over reacting then, I might be a tad touchy today ;-)

> By the way, your English is excellent

I guess a little flattery once in a blue moon can't hurt ;-)

> - I wish my French was even half as good !

You are way too kind... my English is quite poor, vocabulary wise...
it's just that e-mail communication makes it easier to hide, as you can
take the time to work around words you don't master, and read others 10
times, and consult the dictionary, until you get it. But you can't do
that in real life discussions, so....
...my spoken English (both understanding and speaking) sadly is a
disaster... can't handle a normal phone conversation (the most difficult
exercise you can conceive).
So, thank you god (or whoever) for inventing e-mails...

--
Vince