Microsofts new way of bashing Linux

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Fri Jun 16 21:37:23 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 07:25:39PM +0200, Alan McKinnon said:

> It's not intellectual property either, it's your copyright.
> Intellectual property is an entirely abstract collective concept with
> no meaning in law or even in real life. You may keep your own

How can you say it has no meaning in law, when it occurs explicitly in
Federal Law, State Law, and court decisions?

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/title_search.pl?keyword=%22intellectual+property%22&title=uscodes

The director of the USPTO's title even includes the phrase:

http://www.uspto.gov/biographies/bio_dudas.htm

"Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of
the United States Patent and Trademark Office".  It has a very real
meaning in law and real life.

--
   Shawn McMahon    | "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
   EIV Consulting   | And now that I have some light, I can see the