online article: "Dapper Drake verdict: It sucks"

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Mon Jun 12 19:56:43 BST 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 17:55, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> On ma, 2006-06-12 at 11:46 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> > How in the heck is that user error and not a bug?
>
> ubuntu-desktop doesn't 'just get removed'...

It gets removed when people on this very list tell users that it's
just a meta package and that its total entire purpose in life is to
pull in all dependencies for the desktop. The comment field in
Synaptic even says you can safely remove it.

So then the user removes it.

If that causes dist-upgrade to fail it's a bug.

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za