Synaptic : will it still there in Edgy ??

Scott Dier dieman at ringworld.org
Mon Jun 5 06:58:04 BST 2006

Alexander Jacob Tsykin wrote:
> Exactly what aptitude does.

On a related note, I would very happy to be able to use aptitude from
within d-i -- the current package selection interface doesn't seem to
allow (I've not actually looked at the code yet to see how it works)
exclusions like:

~t^ubuntu-desktop$|~n^update-manager$-

Did not seem to be possible, but, again, I haven't looked at the
relevant d-i code yet. (perhaps this week if it continues to bother me
enough)  I do this so our machines have a standard ubuntu install
without things like cups and the update manager which we do not need in
our environment.

Thanks,
--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org>