the Ubuntu help menu

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 26 08:23:45 BST 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:23:16 +1000
David Symons <ubuntu at liberatedcomputing.net> wrote:
[snip]
> 2. Have it as a separate panel applet that is installed by default - so
> people can remove it if so desired.  I'm at 1024x768 and it's getting
> crowded up there (I'd remove the Places menu if it was possible).

It is possible :-) Remove the existing triple menu applet and replace it
with the "Main Menu" applet. This removes all the text, the triple menu,
and brings all the menus under one Ubuntu icon. You'll find the two other
menus as submenus of the main one ( System and Places) I do this on my 12"
laptop to save panel space.

Peter