[Fwd: Re: Two rather negative articles about Ubuntu]

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Jul 3 17:29:01 BST 2006

[argh, once again I sent privately first, sorry Matthew]

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 08:00 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
>  the problems people have
> encountered with upgrading simply because they used the command line
> rather than the graphical interface have encountered a bug.

AFAICT they haven't had problems upgrading because they used the CLI,
but because they used the CLI _and_ have ignored the instructions given
for upgrading with the CLI, and that's actually my whole point: if you
are comfy with the CLI, then use it, but don't complain if it is assumed
that you know what you are doing (and thus, have read the instructions).