Why Ubuntu isn't for New Linux Users

Paul O'Malley ompaul at eircom.net
Tue Feb 28 23:51:39 GMT 2006

Randy Gloden wrote:

> useful as other options.  In the long run, this solution would require
> less expertise than the EasyUbuntu approach (which required the user
> to actively select the appropriate options).  So, this is a better
> approach that what I had envisioned.  Now all we have to do is to get
> it workable and into the distro.

Please note, that you can't stick this in the distro as your are
suggesting and distribute it in countries with as yet untested laws but
ones that non the less say you can't decrypt stuff without the
"correctly licenced tool".
The countries that have this that I know of are the USA and Ireland,
there are more.
They call it the DMCA, me I call it the Dominated by Multiple Corporate*
Atrocities.

*It is my opinion corporations have a right to exist, we need them, but
they do not have a right not one to rule my life. This is just like a
two year old does not have the right to throw a tantrum in the middle of
a shop. They need to be taught good citizenship and held accountable for
same.

Regards,

Paul
whisper e n r o n