Legal Status of libdvdcss

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Tue Feb 21 13:34:34 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:14:10AM +0000, Matthew Garrett said:

> I think imagining Debian as a single cohesive entity is not necessarily
> the best model. On the other hand, I'm not aware of whether incitement
> to commit copyright infringement is against the law anywhere, so we may
> be able to get away with it.

I guess if multiple people are involved, and one of those clearly
intends to test the script, it'd be conspiracy to commit copyright
infringement.  You'd need two-way communication I'd think, but I am
not a lawyer.

--
   Shawn McMahon    | Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "I am sick
   EIV Consulting   | of compiling Gentoo".