Free Software Out of Africa

Jerome S. Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 00:45:30 GMT 2006

atie wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 15:13, Corey Burger wrote:
> I would see Mark's impression about Seoul as well sometime soon, although he
> and his team missed a chance for drinking Soju.

I got to taste this during my stay in seoul as well as makolli (did i
get that right), which is some crude rice wine which is a bit creamy and
has very low alcohol.

Interest with Ubuntu in Korea (well Seoul in particular) is rather big
and I was quite surprised of the reception I got when I came over there
as a representative of the distro project for a desktop conference. I
was aware of big linux companies like Hancom and GMate for the desktop
and device space, but I didn't expect a government agency driving the
initiative of free desktop adoption. I'm impressed really.

Jerome