online article: "Coming next to the Mac: Linux and Windows? "

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 10 17:19:59 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 11:04 +0800, Senectus . wrote:

> On 2/10/06, Daniel Robitaille <robitaille at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/story/0,10801,108532,00.html
>
> Do you think we'll need a "Mactel" version _and_ an Intel Dual Core
> version or will they be the same beast?

I'd expect we'd do it as a single "Intel" CD which contains the drivers
for Soft Core, Hard Core and "Mactel" machines.  The differences in the
existing CDs is simply that of processor architecture, after all.

This is purely a guess though, until we can get our hands on the
hardware we simply don't know what it's like.  If the Mac boxes need
things like totally different bootloaders and basic kernel support, they
could be different CDs from a simple practicality standpoint of booting
the installer.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant